Who Pays? Information governance advice for invoice validation
The Secretary of State for Health has approved the NHS England application for support under Regulation 5 of the Health Service (Control of Patient Information) Regulations 2002 (Section 251 Support). This allows Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) and Commissioning Support Units (CSUs) to process Personal Confidential Data (PCD) which are required for invoice validation purposes. This approval is subject to a set of conditions. This advice explains these conditions and sets the actions that CCGs, CSUs and Providers must now take in order to ensure they are acting lawfully.
An extension until 31 March 2017 has been granted for application CAG 7-07(a-c)/2013 for invoice validation.
CCGs are reminded to notify NHS England if they change their supplier for invoice validation services. This can be done by completing the Supplier Change Proposal Form in the Controlled Environment for Finance (CEfF) Assurance Statement document.
NHS England is grateful to South London CSU who worked collaboratively with us to produce this advice.
- Introductory Letter
- Who Pays? Information Governance Advice for Invoice validation
- Controlled Environment for Finance (CEfF) Assurance Statement – CAG 7-07(a) (b) (c)/2013 compliance for CSUs
- Controlled Environment for Finance (CEfF) Assurance Statement – CAG 7-07(a) (b) (c)/2013 compliance for CCGs
- Controlled Environment for Finance (CEfF) Assurance Statement Annexe 3
- The List of Controlled Environment for Finance Organisations is available in PDF and Excel format. Please note that the PDF is the definitive version.
Update on Processing PCD for Invoice Validation
NHS England and NHS SBS have introduced a new mechanism within the Integrated Single Finance Environment (ISFE) system, which identifies suppliers, and their associated Commissioners (CCG), that submit Personal Confidential Data (PCD) for invoice validation purposes. The CCG is responsible for ensuring that the correct process is followed for the submission of PCD to validate invoices via the CCG’s nominated Controlled Environment for Finance (CEfF).