This guidance covers facilities for:
- a centralised area for the storage and distribution of medicines
- medicines storage and dispensing, including automated dispensing
- aseptic preparation of medicines
- non-sterile small-scale preparation and assembly of medicines
- office space for staff involved in purchasing medicines, managerial and administration work
For hospitals with aseptic preparation facilities, this guidance applies to those that don’t require a manufacturer’s ‘specials’ licence.