This document provides key information about highly specialised services in 2019.
In summary, the information comprises:
- a description of each service
- a list of the expert centres that deliver the service
- NHS England’s total expenditure for each service
- a measure of the activity that each service undertakes (patient numbers fewer than 30 are not included because of the risk of identifying individual patients)
- clinical outcomes from the service
- information about geographical equity of access to the service.
In a small number of cases, some additional information is provided about the service in relation to service innovation, improvement and listening to and acting on patient feedback.