We make sure that people across the South East have access to high quality health and care services. To do this we work in partnership with local integrated care boards (ICB), NHS trusts, and ambulance trusts and are responsible for commissioning:
- screening and immunisations programmes
- specialised services
- health services for those in the armed forces, and,
- health services for children, young people and adults in secure and detained services across the South East.
A significant part of our work is to assure the work of our ICBs, making sure they are able to meet the health needs of their population, are well led and are managing budgets responsibly. We do this by providing professional leadership on commissioning, digital transformation, assurance and delivery, finance, nursing, medical and clinical leadership.
We have a number of priorities within the South East and have established programme boards at a regional level to ensure these priorities are delivered locally.
Our priorities include:
- Transforming urgent and emergency care
- Transforming primary care
- Diabetes prevention programme
- Transforming Care for people with learning disabilities
- Improving referral to treatment times
- Improving mental health services
- Improving cancer services
Find out more about the work of NHS England.