The South East region senior management team is made up of:
- Regional Director
- Regional Medical Director, higher level Responsible Officer and Chief Clinical Information Officer
- Chief Nurse
- Director of Workforce and Organisational Development
- Director of Performance and Improvement
- Director of Finance
- Director of Commissioning
- Director of Strategy and Transformation
Anne Eden – Regional Director (South East)
- Anne was previously Director of Delivery and Development in the South of England for the NHS Trust Development Authority (TDA).
- She has more than 30 years’ experience in the NHS with experience in acute and teaching hospitals, mental health, community and specialist services.
- Anne joined Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust as Chief Executive in December 2006, led the integration of the county’s acute and community services in 2010 and consolidated acute, emergency, women and children’s services.
- She is also visiting professor at Bucks New University and advisor to the faculty of society and health, supporting the Institute of Applied Leadership’s MA in Leadership and Management programme.
Vaughan Lewis – Regional Medical Director, higher level Responsible Officer and Chief Clinical Information Officer (South East)
- Vaughan trained in Oxford, Bristol and Australia. He was a consultant paediatrician in Exeter from 2002 to 2015 during which time he held clinical management roles including Trust Medical Director and Chair of the South West Clinical Senate. In 2015, he was appointed as the NHS South Regional Medical Director for Specialised Commissioning.
- As South East Regional Medical Director his roles include providing clinical leadership and support to NHS organisations and system leaders across the South East including Cancer Alliances, Academic Health Science Networks, Integrated Care Systems, Clinical Networks and Senates as well all NHS provider organisations.
- The Regional Medical Director is also the higher level Responsible Officer. This is an important assurance role, ensuring, on behalf of NHS England, that doctors working in any setting in the region are supported to comply with GMC requirements for medical revalidation.
- Vaughan is also the Chief Clinical Information Officer (CCIO) and will be working with the regional digital team to deliver a wide-ranging programme to upgrade technology and digitally enabled care across the NHS as set out in the Long Term Plan.
Andrea Lewis – Regional Chief Nurse (South East)
Louise Hall and Ruth Monger – Workforce, Training and Education, Joint Directors
Bernard Quinn – Director of Performance and Improvement (South East)
- Claudia was formerly the Chief Operating Officer of NHS England and NHS Improvement for the South East. Prior to this she was Chief Operating Officer for NHS Improvement South Region.
- Before joining NHS Improvement Claudia was the Acting South Region Regional Director for Monitor, responsible for the regulatory oversight of Foundation Trusts across the entire South Region.
- Claudia has a Ph.D in Anatomy and Medical Physics and is also a qualified accountant, having previously worked for KPMG, first as an audit manager and then as a Senior Manager in Private Equity Transaction Services.
- Claudia’s current portfolio and prior health sector experience includes: Performance, including oversight of delivery of key constitutional standards, Delivery of Transformation programmes, including UEC and Elective care, Planning, EPRR, Intensive support to challenged systems, System improvement (RightCare, GiRFT and Operational Productivity), Service Improvement.
Steve Gooch – Finance Director (South East)
Caroline Reid – Director of Commissioning (South East)
David Radbourne – Director of Strategy and Transformation (South East)
- David was previously Director for Commissioning Operations for NHS England for Hampshire, Isle of Wight and Thames Valley, working with the local NHS and partners to support the delivery of the Five Year Forward View in the area.
- David has been with the NHS since 1995 working in a variety of roles including with providers, commissioners and Strategic Health Authorities.
- David joined NHS England in July 2016 as Regional Director of Assurance and Delivery for NHS England South and prior to that led the West Hertfordshire Whole System Strategic Review and was Chief Operating Officer for Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust.