These statistics show the volume of Units of Dental Activity (UDAs) commissioned by the 14 Local Offices as at the end of December 2018, for the upcoming 12 months.
UDAs are a measure of the amount of work done during dental treatment. More complex dental treatments count for more UDAs than simpler ones.
Please note, due to an admin error this publication assumes London figures are unchanged from the last quarter (December 2018).
The figures are broken down into two groups:
- UDAs commissioned where the dental service is being provided;
- UDAs commissioned in contracts not yet delivering services (for example, UDAs in new contracts, where the contract has been signed but the dental activity has not yet started).
Key findings this quarter:
- 88 million UDAs had been commissioned as at 31st December 2018.
- This is a decrease of 255,000 (-0.3%) compared to UDAs commissioned in September 2018, but an increase of 74,000 (+0.1%) compared to December 2018.
- UDAs commissioned but not yet delivering services represent 0.1% of all UDAs commissioned as at December 2018.
Full list of publications