Update – public consultation now launched
Following work over the summer the conflicts of interest cross system task and finish group has published proposals for change to the way in which conflicts of interest in health are managed, for consultation. The consultation period is open from Monday 19 September 2016 to Monday 31 October 2016.
We believe that these proposals will help the NHS to become a world leader on managing conflicts of interest. It is important to ensure that we get this work right and so we look forward to receiving your views on the Task and Finish Group’s proposals.
You can provide your views through NHS England’s Consultation Hub. When providing your views you should have the consultation document to hand to help you in answering the questions.
In March 2016, NHS England’s Board announced the establishment of a task and finish group to develop rules on conflicts of interest management across the whole healthcare system.
The group, led by NHS England’s Chair Sir Malcolm Grant, will be meeting over the summer to consider in detail what responses are required.
We will publish information on this page about progress with this work as it develops.
- Managing Conflicts of Interest in the NHS: a consultation FAQs
- Membership of the task and finish group
- Terms of reference for the group
- Sir Malcolm Grant’s blog – Shining a light into dark corners
- Sir Malcolm Grant’s second blog – Developing principles and rules on Conflicts of Interest
- Sir Malcolm Grant’s third blog – Seeking your views