In the light of the growing demand for hospital eye services, NHS England hosted its first interactive Eye Health Summit on 7 June 2016, bringing commissioners and ophthalmic professionals together.
The presentations highlight some of the innovative solutions that are being introduced and give commissioners a range of options in addressing both current and future demand pressures.
- The Royal College of Ophthalmologists – Glaucoma risk based pathway & effective working
- Capacity in AMD (retinal)
- NHSE Demand and Capacity event
- Strategic Approach to commissioning for eye health
- Primary Care solutions – the role of community optometry
- Indicators and outcomes framework – relevance to patients and commissioners
- Ophthalmology services – current position and pressures – the route to solutions
- News ways of working: the way forward project 2015 – 2035
- Common competencies – training for the job to be done
- What are our commissioning aims
- Immediate solutions to address demand and capacity issues in the hospital eye service
- The role of Vanguards Better Care Together
- Wolverhampton Clinical Commissioning Group – solutions – what works well?