Named after Kate Granger, who sadly passed away in 2016, Kate worked tirelessly to raise awareness around compassion in the NHS through her #hellomynameis social media campaign, the awards will be presented at the Health and Innovation Expo 2017 at Manchester Central on 11 and 12 September.
It was while undergoing treatment for cancer that Dr Granger started writing about seeing the NHS “through the eyes of a patient”. She launched #hellomynameis campaign to talk about some of her intensely moving experiences.
The campaign reminds health care professionals of the importance of introducing themselves to patients and how a relatively ‘little thing’ can positively affect a patient’s experience of the treatment and care they receive. It is now backed by a significant number of health trusts.
Who can enter the awards?
There are three award categories:
- The first is for an individual working in the NHS or delivering NHS funded services.
- The second is for teams who are part of the NHS or who deliver NHS funded services.
- And finally, the third is for whole organisations that are part of the NHS or deliver NHS funded services.
These services can be delivered in hospitals, or a primary care, community or residential setting.
What are the judges looking for?
We’re looking for an individual, team or organisation that has made a fantastic difference to patient care. We will be looking in particular for:
- an ambitious and innovative way of delivering patient care
- high-quality management and leadership
- an approach that can be easily measured and have a real impact
- how the approach has made a difference to patient care
- how it makes a difference in the long term
- how easily it can be replicated in other organisations
How to enter?
To enter, please complete the online nomination form. In the case of an application or nomination for the individual or team, this should be accompanied by a citation provided by any of the following:
- line managers or
- patients or patient representatives.
Entries and nominations for organisations should be supported by a board-level director.
Entries should also include the name of the individual submitting the nomination with contact details, including name, organisation, address, telephone number and email address.
- Entries open: Wednesday 3 May 2017
- Closing date: Monday 10 July 2017
- Judging will take place between 10 July and 31 July 2017
The awards will be presented at the Health and Innovation Care Expo 2017 at Manchester Central on either the 11 or 12 September 2017.
A panel of judges drawn from NHS England and staff side organisations will draw up a shortlist of finalists. The decision on the winners of each award will be made by Chris Pointon, Kate’s husband.
Please direct any questions or queries to firstname.lastname@example.org