Overarching aim: To provide strategic leadership and expert clinical support to commissioners and providers around Palliative and End of Life Care in London. The network will deliver on a number of local priorities, as well support the national Palliative and End of Life Care strategy, the Long Term Plan and the London Health and Care Vision.
- Clinical Director: Dr Katherine Buxton, Consultant in Palliative Medicine & Clinical Lead for End of Life Care, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust and Clinical Lead – Urgent Care Plan Programme, Hosted by NHS South West London CCG, on behalf of London CCGs
- Deputy Director, Clinical Networks and Senate: Bhavi Trivedi
- Primary Care Clinical Lead: Dr Sumeeta Dhir, GP @Nexus Princess Street Group Practice; Joint Chair Clinical and Care Professional Leads Partnership Southwark; Medicines Optimisation lead Partnership Southwark; Primary Care Lead Community Mental Health Southwark.
- Babies, Children and Young People Clinical Leads: Dr Amy Volans, Consultant Clinical Psychologist & Family Therapist, Newham Diana Children’s Community Palliative Care Team, and Tagore Charles, Consultant Paediatrician, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, and Medical Director, Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice.
- Clinical Programme Lead: Helen Dady
- Email: email@example.com
2022/23 Focus Areas
- Ensuring London has a consistent approach to specialist Palliative Care referrals for all ages with the creation of a Children and Young People’s (CYP) workstream within the network
- Supporting ICS leads to undertake self-assessment against the ambitions for Palliative and End of Life Care
- Development of a regional dashboard and embedding of the EARLY Identification and Personalised Care Planning Toolkit
- Explore opportunities to improve Fast Track Continuing Health Care process for London
- Mapping of specialist Palliative Care workforce and access to End of Life Care medications to understand inequities of provision
- The London Urgent Care Plan (LUCP) has a regular newsletter which provides updates to all users on progress of implementing the UCP. Users can subscribe to updates via the LUCP website and previous news updates can be found online
- Standardised Pan London Continuing Health Care (Standardised Pan London CHC Fast Track Care Plan V2 FINAL)
- All Age Pan-London Specialist Palliative Care referral form V3 (2022) – PDF writable or Word format
- London EARLY Identification and Personalised Care Planning Toolkit
- Pan-London Symptom Control Medication Authorisation and Administration Record (MAAR) Chart V4 (2022)
- Pan London Guide to Deaths in Community Response Pan London Expected Unexpected Community Death Response V1
- Universal Principles for Advance Care Planning (2022)
- Ambitions for Palliative and End of Life Care: A national framework for local action 2021-2026 page