This programme has been set up to improve health outcomes and ensure we are getting the best value from the NHS medicines bill.
Ensuring people get the right choice of medicines, at the right time, and are engaged in the process by their clinical team.
The NHS is working to increase the use of best value biological medicines, including biosimilar medicines.
Get details on where to go if you need some help or support with your medicines.
Expert advice and services to help prescribers to make informed decisions and put patients’ needs first.
Find tools and resources for prescribers, pharmacists and procurement leads.
You may also be interested in
- Repurposing medicines in the NHS in England
- Commercial medicines
- Medicines optimisation dashboard
- National medicines optimisation opportunities 2023/24
- Regional arrangements for medicines optimisation
- Items which should not be routinely prescribed in primary care: consultation
- Guidance on conditions for which over the counter items should not routinely be prescribed in primary care
Basit Abdul, a Healthcare Scientist from the Pharmacy Integration Fund at NHS England, explains how a pilot programme in London is a shining example of how new technologies can be used to improve hearing care in the community. Hearing health is essential to our wellbeing, connecting us with the world and enriching our social interactions. […]