The East Midlands Maternity Clinical Network (EMMCN) work-programme sets out our key deliverables for 2019-20 which are:
- To continue supporting local transformation providing independent clinical oversight and a ‘critical friend’ perspective to LMS Boards (including cross-border working and establishing Maternal Medicine Networks)
- To support co-production of services through Maternity Voices Partnerships
- To ensure there is a continued focus on improving Safety and reducing variation by strengthening learning from incidents across the East Midlands
- To support implementation and delivery of the national Saving Babies Lives Care Bundle version 2 (including Smokefree Pregnancy & best practice on Pre-term Birth Clinics)
- To develop regional dashboard/s for benchmarking of local LMS data
- To maintain communication between national, regional and local teams acting as a conduit to share information and best practice
We will continue to support planning of events or forums, multi-professional working and showcasing best practice. We will also enhance our administrative processes and systems supporting the on-going project management of all deliverables as part of our core business.