- Support implementation of the national maternity review recommendations
- Support implementation of the Saving Babies Lives care bundle to reduce stillbirths
- Support local commissioners and providers to share information, best practice and learning, to benchmark against each other and drive improvement in the quality of services across the region, with a relentless focus on the outcomes of care
- Support local commissioners and providers in ensuring that specialist services are available to women and babies with more complex needs as close to their homes as possible, and that clear pathways are in place linking maternity, neonatal and paediatric services
- Work with the clinical commissioning group assessment panel for maternity to provide local intelligence to inform annual assessments, and support those health economies who are rated “requires improvement” or “inadequate” to improve
Our maternity programmes are led by Mr Marwan Habiba, Maternity Clinical Director. Marwan is a consultant gynaecologist at the University Hospitals of Leicester and honorary senior lecturer at the University of Leicester. He became a member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in 1991 and a fellow in 2004. He has many publications including on health service delivery and research, medical ethics and abnormal uterine bleeding. We also work with our Obstetric Clinical Lead Dr Lucy Kean, Consultant Obstetrician and Service Lead at Nottingham University Hospitals.