*Translated maternity safety information materials are available on the links*
The key message themes are:
- If you are pregnant and Black, Black British or Asian, Asian British – you might be more vulnerable.
- Trust your instincts – call your midwife or maternity team anytime if you are worried about your pregnancy or if you have symptoms of COVID-19.
- It is safe to attend for your care and appointments during the pandemic.
- Is your mood ok? Who to speak to if it is not ok.
- What to do if you miss an appointment.
- Signs of labour and what to do if you think you are in labour.
- What to do if you have signs and symptoms of pre-eclampsia.
- The importance of taking Vitamin D.
- Feeling safe in your own home and how to find support if you don’t.
- Looking after you and your unborn baby.
If you have any comments or spot any errors in the translations please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
North West Maternity Services Working Together
These messages and materials were created by a collaboration of individuals and organisations in the North West.
We would like to thank the following for their contribution to this project:
- Bolton NHS Foundation Trust
- Caribbean and African Health Network
- Cheshire and Merseyside Local Maternity and Neonatal System
- Greater Manchester and East Cheshire Local Maternity and Neonatal System
- Lancashire and South Cumbria Local Maternity and Neonatal System
- Lancashire and South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust
- Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust
- North West Regional Maternity Team, NHS England and NHS Improvement
- Pennine Maternity Voices Partnership
- Renaissance Translations
- Ronset Printers
- University of Manchester – Division of Nursing / Midwifery and Social Work