From 1 April 2016, trusts subject to the agency rules are required to procure all agency staff (nurses, doctors, other clinical and non-clinical staff) via framework agreements that have been approved by NHS Improvement.
The following framework agreements are approved based on applications received and reviewed against the conditions set out in the guidance for framework operators published in February 2017.
We will continue to review applications on an ongoing basis and communicate outcomes to trusts. These approved framework agreements are a vehicle for enabling trusts to comply with price caps and support the agency rules.
Approved framework agreements
The following framework agreements have been approved by NHS England and NHS Improvement for 2021.
- Workforce Alliance: RM6161 – Provision of Clinical and Healthcare Staffing
- Crown Commercial Service: RM3711- Multi-disciplinary Temporary Healthcare Personnel (until the framework expires on 7 February 2021).
- Crown Commercial Service: RM6158 – Flexible Resource Pool – Staff Bank.
- Crown Commercial Service: RM6160 – Non-Clinical Temporary and Fixed-term Staff.
- HealthTrust Europe: National and International Permanent Recruitment Solutions with Recruitment Process Optimisation (RPO). Lot 1a and 1b.
- HealthTrust Europe: Total Workforce Solutions 2016. Lot 3a, 3b, 3c and 4 (until the framework expires on 30 April 2021).
- HealthTrust Europe: Total Workforce Solutions ll. Lot 2a, 3a, 3b, 3c, 4a and 4b (from 25 January 2021).
- NHS Collaborative Procurement Partnership: National Clinical Staffing Framework (until the framework expires on 7 February 2021).
- NHS Collaborative Procurement Partnership: RM6162 – International Recruitment of Clinical Healthcare Professionals.
These framework operators have committed to delivering framework agreements that fully embed the price caps against the conditions set out in the framework operator guidance published in February 2017 in line with the agency rules.
We will update this list when these framework agreements expire, are superseded by new agreements and/or additional agreements are approved.
We encourage all trusts to contact the framework operators listed above to discuss the approved framework agreements.
Agencies can also contact the framework operators to discuss use and accessibility, including opportunities to join new framework agreements.
Framework operators who have not yet applied for approval are encouraged to read the guidance for framework operators published in February 2017 and to apply for approval by using the framework approval application form on our website. We will review applications on an ongoing basis.
Please email any queries to NHSI.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The framework operators can be contacted on:
- Crown Commercial Service:email@example.com
- East of England NHS Collaborative Procurement Hub: firstname.lastname@example.org
- HealthTrust Europe: email@example.com
- NHS Commercial Solutions:NHSCS.firstname.lastname@example.org
- NHS London Procurement Partnership: email@example.com
- NHS North of England Commercial Procurement Collaborative: firstname.lastname@example.org