The Outpatient Transformation Programme is a Long Term Plan national programme with regional delivery from 2020.
There are four priority workstreams:
- Digital enablement – e.g. virtual consultations, clinical communications
- Personalised follow up – e.g. Patient initiated follow up (PIFU)
- Referral optimisation – e.g. advice and guidance (A&G)
- Specialty redesign – current South West focus on dermatology.
Support offer from South West regional team:
- Dedicated regional capacity to support advice and guidance (A&G), patient initiated follow-up (PIFU) and outpatient digitalisation, including virtual consultation (VC) implementation, acceleration and standardisation; data analysis and modelling and specialty redesign; dedicated PIFU clinical lead capacity
- Funding for system based outpatient transformation capacity and initiatives, and procurement
- Modelling and support for implementing/improving outpatient transformation reporting and data quality.
For more information please contact the South West outpatient transformation programme: email@example.com
Video consultation training offer for South West clinicians
As part of the South West outpatient transformation programme, we are delighted that we are able to offer clinical colleagues the opportunity to take up video consultation training to improve their confidence and skills.
There are two levels of training, both attracting continual personal development (CPD) points. Clinicians can take one or both courses at a time which suits them. Places are limited, and will be offered as a first come, first served basis.
- For more information see the South West outpatient VC training offer poster
- To apply for these courses complete an application form
- See also the videos below: