Advancing levels of attainment for e-rostering and e-job planning
Achieving the Long Term Plan, People Plan and 22 – 23 Operational Planning Guidance commitments of implementing and advancing the meaningful use of e-rostering and e-job planning software systems continues to be a key priority for NHS England. Having visibility of the clinical workforce enables effective planning and deployment of all staff to optimise service recovery and restoration. E-rostering and e-job planning are key enablers to supporting both staff wellbeing and patient care outcomes, through flexible working and better matching of capacity to demand
This page provides some key policy and guidance documents to support trusts in implementing e-rostering and e-job planning.
The Advancing Levels of Attainment (ALoA) Collaborative – Support offer open to all
To support systems and providers with e-rostering and e-job planning implementation, advancing usage of these software systems and wider workforce optimisation endeavours, NHS England are launching an Advancing Levels of Attainment (ALoA) Collaborative, open to all providers and ICSs to:
- Support organisations through the levels of attainment for e-rostering and e-job planning, ensuring optimal use and maximum benefit
- Access additional resources available on the Clinical Workforce Productivity NHS Futures webpage
- Provide access to e-rostering and e-job planning forums, where best practice can be shared, barriers identified and resources co-designed to overcome challenges to progression.
These resources provide guidance on how to procure and develop best-in-class software for e-rostering and e-job planning. We encourage all trusts to read these documents as effective workforce deployment has proved invaluable during the COVID-19 response, which has strongly emphasised the importance of having the right staff with the right skills are in the right place at the right time.
- E-rostering guidance
- E-job planning guidance
- Software requirements specification
- Consultant job planning – best practice guidance
- Contract guidance – a toolkit for trusts
- Appendix A – e-rostering requirements specification
- Appendix B – e-job planning requirements specification
- Appendix C – junior doctor module requirements specification
These documents set out ‘levels of attainment’ in using e-rostering and e-job planning software and are designed to allow trusts to benchmark progress with peers. Each level of attainment is underpinned by ‘meaningful use standards’ which describe the processes and systems trusts need to meet each level of attainment.
- E-rostering the clinical workforce: levels of attainment and meaningful use standards
- E-job planning the clinical workforce: levels of attainment and meaningful use standards
In adopting these standards, trusts will feel empowered and assured they have implemented e-rostering and e-job planning software to the fullest potential.
If you have any questions on e-rostering and e-job planning, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.