An Expert Reference Group has been formed to guide the development and implementation of the NHS DPP.
- Professor Jonathan Valabhji (Chair), National Clinical Director for Obesity and Diabetes, NHS England; Consultant Diabetologist
- Dr Alison Tedstone, Director of Diet and Obesity, Public Health England
- Simon O’Neill, Director of Health Intelligence and Professional Liaison, Diabetes UK
- Dr Matt Kearney, GP Castlefields, Runcorn; National Clinical advisor, NHS England; National Clinical Advisor, Public Health England
- Professor Nick Wareham, Chair of Guideline Development Group for NICE PH38; Co-Director, Institute of Metabolic Science and Director, MRC Epidemiology Unit, University of Cambridge; Honorary Consultant Diabetologist
- Professor Kamlesh Khunti, Chair of Guideline Development Group for NICE PH35; Professor of Primary
Care Diabetes & Vascular Medicine, General Practitioner, University of Leicester
- Dr Bob Young, Consultant Diabetologist in Salford (Demonstrator Site); Clinical Lead of the National Diabetes Audit
- Professor Susan Jebb, Professor of Diet and Population Health at the Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences, University of Oxford
- Dr Anne Mackie, UK National Screening Committee Screening Programmes Director
- Jim McManus, Director of Public Health for Hertfordshire.