Every day, NHS staff and clinicians are delivering care in new and innovative ways, achieving better outcomes for patients and driving efficiency. Scaling and sharing these innovations across the health and care system in England is a key challenge for the NHS.
We need to continue to harness the power of data to ensure we care for our patients, improve population health, plan and improve services, research new medical treatments and find new ways to deliver patient care.
Using data to benefit patients
The case studies and blogs below demonstrate the benefits that are already being realised by patients through the use of better data and showcase positive examples of the NHS delivering improved high quality care in a number of different settings across the country.
- Patient flow and discharge improvements at North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust (video)
- Staff time savings and more surgeries for patients in North Cumbria
- North West NHS trust cuts waiting list and last-minute cancellations
- Patients being seen faster in South London
- Great Western NHS Foundation Trust improves hospital theatre efficiency
- Technology helps cancer patients to be seen sooner
- AI tool improving outcomes for patients by forecasting A&E admissions
- New data-led solution reduces delays to patient discharges
- New technology cutting waiting times for patients in Dorset