The Voluntary Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) Health and Wellbeing Alliance (HW Alliance) is a key element of the Health and Wellbeing Programme.
The HW Alliance is partnership between voluntary sectors and the health and care system to provide a voice and improve the health and wellbeing for all communities.
It has been established to:
- Facilitate integrated working between the voluntary and statutory sectors
- Support a two way flow of information between communities, the VCSE sector and policy leads
- Amplify the voice of the VCSE sector and people with lived experience to inform national policy
- Facilitate co-produced solutions to promote equality and reduce health inequalities
The HW Alliance is jointly managed by the Department of Health (DH), Public Health England (PHE) and NHS England and is made up of 21 VCSE Members that represent communities who share protected characteristics or that experience health inequalities. Through their networks HW Alliance Members can link with communities and VCSE organisations across England.
Individuals and VCSE organisations who would like to share their experiences and ideas with NHS England, DH and PHE can do so via HW Alliance Members.
Further information on each member and how you can contact them can be found below.
- Age UK
- Complex Needs Consortium
- Carers Partnership
- Citizens Advice
- Clinks and Nacro (criminal justice)
- End of Life Care Consortium
- Friends, Families and Travellers
- Homeless Link
- Maternity Action
- Men’s Health Forum
- Mental Health Consortia
- National LGB&T Partnership
- National Voices
- Race Equality Foundation
- UK Health Forum
- Young People’s Health Partnership
- The Valuing People Alliance (learning disabilities)
- Win-Win Alliance (User-led organisations, disabled people and service users)