The new models of care will only become a reality if we have enough staff with the right skills, values and behaviours to deliver them. We need to develop a workforce able to work across settings and traditional professional demarcations, with flexible skills.
The Pioneer Programme:
- Works with Health Education England, the Royal Colleges and leading edge sites to develop a workforce modelling tool that provides a helpful starting point for future need modelling.
- Is developing a library of clinical and non-clinical roles and responsibilities based on leading edge sites work to date and share these with Royal Colleges, HEE as appropriate
- Facilitating international care model experts to visit / support England based sites working on workforce development to help identify recruiting, training and capacity requirements for new care models
- ICP catalogue of workforce related resources
- ‘Showcase’ Workforce Transformation Through Codesign – Canterbury, New Zealand