We have put together a programme of webinars and podcasts to help you in the journey to becoming an integrated care system.
Regular podcasts and webinars will be available on a range of topics sharing best practice and learning on the key elements of an integrated care system.
Partnerships and Leadership
- Podcast: Working with the voluntary sector. Explores the value of a joined-up way of working between systems and the voluntary sector, identifying the benefits of voluntary sector involvement in health and care partnerships and what this means for clinicians and their patients.
- Podcast: How clinical leadership makes a system. Clinical leaders come together to discuss the importance of clinical representation in leadership roles and the benefits they can bring to ICSs.
System architecture and financial management
- Podcast: Aligning health with economic growth. Michael Wood, Head of Health Economic Partnerships at NHS Confederation leads a discussion with colleagues in Dorset integrated care system (ICS) about how place-based partnership working, particularly between the ICSs, Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEP), universities and others can be of enormous benefit to a system and its population and why forging those relationships should be seen as essential.
- Podcast: population health management from the frontline. Colleagues from Wargrave Surgery in Berkshire West discuss why population health management is a critical building block for both integrated care systems and primary care networks, and how they used new techniques to analyse data and identify and implement local solutions to address individual patients’ needs. This discussion will aid anyone wanting to efficiently deliver true personalised care and better health for their populations.
Primary care networks
- Podcast: Supporting the development of primary care networks. This episode features an interview with Dr Charlotte Canniff the Clinical Chair of North West Surrey CCG and clinical lead for primary care transformation within the Surrey Heartlands ICS. In this episode, Dr Canniff talks about her passion for primary care networks and how she is supporting the development of networks in her own area, as part of the work across Surrey Heartlands Integrated Care System.
- Podcast: Primary care networks and the role of practice managers. This episode features an interview with Hannah Smalley, Practice Manager and Managing Partner at Merchiston Surgery, part of Wyvern Health Partnership in Swindon. In this episode, Hannah talks about her role in the strategic development of Wyvern Health Partnership and the vital role of practice managers in developing primary care networks locally.
- Podcast: Primary care networks and the role of the Clinical Director. This episode features Dr Hannah Morgan, the Clinical Director of Hayling Island Emsworth primary care network, who talks about how she is developing her PCN, her role as clinical director and some initial aims and objectives as the PCN partners begin to work together.
- Podcast: Pharmacy in primary care networks – a clinical director perspective. Clinical directors and pharmacists, Helen Kilminster and Graham Stretch, in conversation with Will Owen about the setting up of clinical pharmacy in PCNs. Helen and Graham give their advice and highlight some top tips to help PCNs learn from their experience and establish their pharmacy team.
- Podcast: Supporting people with complex needs. Health and care experts come together to discuss why addressing the wider determinants of health amongst homeless and vulnerable people can go a long way to ease pressures within systems. They look at some of the innovative work going on around the country to tackle the financial, interpersonal and emotional challenges faced by those with complex needs, and why joining up services to support these individuals is important.