Diabetes is a high priority for the health care economy across the North West Coast.
The main priorities for the Diabetes Network include prevention, treatment and care (multidisciplinary footcare teams, diabetes inpatient nurse specialists, structured education and treatment targets). We work in collaboration with health care providers, including Hospitals, GP’s, Commissioners as well as voluntary organisations and members of the public to work towards reducing the numbers of avoidable deaths by treating and managing patients in the right place at the right time and by the right person
Our programme of work includes:
- (Tackling increasing prevalence of diabetes). NHS National Diabetes Prevention Programme (NDPP) for people with Type 2 Diabetes
- Implement a Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement role
- Improve outcomes for diabetes across health domains.
- Increase knowledge and self-care for diabetes patients
- Patient engagement
- Improve diabetes and pre-diabetes data intelligence