The Cardiac Pathway Improvement Programme (CPIP) brings together:
- NHSE collective priorities set out in the Long Term Plan,
- Specialised Commissioning,
- National Outpatient Transformation Programme.
The National CPIP team works in alignment with existing national programmes, focusing on key goals and priorities, and supports Cardiac Networks and Systems to deliver a comprehensive approach to whole pathway improvement and transformation.
Cardiac Networks have been formed to lead this whole-pathway change, working with local healthcare systems.
Our vision is ……
Meaning, for patients and the public….
- Reduced mortality due to cardiovascular disease
- More preventative and proactive care, so people remain healthier longer and avoid unnecessary admissions to hospital
- Better quality and safety of care across the pathway leading to better outcomes
- Reduced waits for diagnostics, assessment, and care because services are restored post-COVID
- Better experiences of care
- More equitable access to care across different groups and different geographies
- More sustainable costs of care
Cardiac pathway improvement: Vision and priorities