The Economics and Strategic Analysis (ESA) team forms part of NHS England and NHS Improvement’s Data and Analytics function, reporting to the Chief Data and Analytics Officer.
Our purpose is to support the NHS to deliver better health and care to citizens and patients through the use of data and by providing robust and impactful evidence-based analysis. We work as an in-house consultancy with expertise across a wide range of analytical professions, including economics, data science, behavioural science, statistics, operational research and analysis.
Some of our key research publications can be found below:
- A&E analysis winter review
- The incidence and costs of inpatient falls in hospitals
- Improving delivery of the 62-day cancer waiting-time standard
- Evidence on clinical staff shortages
- Developing the approach to setting the 2018/19 national tariff
Can’t find what you are looking for?
Some of our older publications may have been archived. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can’t find a publication.