Supporting the development of primary care networks
NHS England is continuing to support the development of primary care networks through a further series of webinars aimed at those working within primary care and the wider NHS.
The webinars will focus on a range of topics, such as how to best use technology to develop services and the role of pharmacy within PCNs, and will include examples of work already in progress across the country with a chance to ask questions and find out more about next steps in relation to the development of primary care networks.
Current webinar dates and themes are as follows, there is no need to register in advance, simply click on the link below at the start time.
Engaging with people and communities
- 22 August 2019, 10.00am -11.00am – Introduction to the voluntary sector
- 25 September 2019, 10.00am – 11.00am – Beyond PPGs
- 23 October 2019, 10.00am -11.00amam – STPs / ICS’, CCGs and PCNs – Connecting Engagement
- 27 November 2019, 10.00am – 11.00am – Volunteering
- 17 December 2019, 10.00am – 11.00am – Digital inclusion
To see slides and presentation used on previous webinars including focused sessions on working with pharmacy and using digital to develop services, please email england.PCN@nhs.net for access to the primary care networks section on the Future NHS platform.
Supporting the development of social prescribing link workers in primary care networks
NHS England is continuing to support the development of social prescribing in primary care networks through a series of webinars aimed at social prescribing link workers and those working within primary care. The webinars will focus on a range of topics, covering some of the key approaches to effective social prescribing.
A full list of webinars, pre-reading materials and joining details can be found on the Social Prescribing page.
Monthly tweet chats
Join Dr Nikki Kanani, GP and Medical Director for Primary Care, for her monthly tweet chats aimed at those working within primary care and the wider NHS to discuss primary care networks. Follow the live online discussion on Twitter and ask questions by using the hashtag #PrimaryCareNetworks or tweet Nikki @NikkiKF or NHS England @NHSEngland directly.
- Tuesday 17 September 2019, 8.00pm – 9.00pm
- Tuesday 8 October 2019, 8.00pm – 9.00pm
- Tuesday 14 January 2020, 8.00pm – 9.00pm – co-hosting with Professor Simon Gregory, Primary Care Lead, Health Education England on primary care workforce.
- Tuesday 11 February 2020, 8.00pm – 9.00pm
- Tuesday 10 March 2020, 8.00pm – 9.00pm