National Strategies/Guidance for Immunisation Programmes
- GOV.UK, Vaccine Update: issue 323, 1 July 2021. Top 10 tips for increasing vaccine uptake.
- Public Health England Immunisation Inequalities: Local Action Plan Template.
- Public Health England Immunisation Inequalities Strategy, 2 February 2021.
For regular updates Sign up to receive the Vaccine update newsletter
National Strategies/Guidance for Screening Programmes
- GOV.UK, Health Equity Assessment Tool (HEAT), 24 September 2020.
- GOV.UK, NHS population screening: a health equity audit guide, 28 July 2020.
- GOV.UK, NHS population screening: effective text message use, 28 September 2020.
- Public Health England Health Equity Guide for Screening Providers and Commissioners, Updated 24 September 2020.
- Public Health England Screening Inequalities Strategy, updated 22 October 2020.
- Richards Report, Report of THE INDEPENDENT REVIEW OF ADULT SCREENING PROGRAMMES in England, October 2019.
- The King’s Fund, My role in tackling health inequalities: A framework for allied health professionals, 17 June 2021.
For regular updates Sign up to the PHE Screening blog
Resources and Tools
- Beyond Words, Easy Guides to Screening (Easy-read guides for Breast, Cervical and Bowel Cancer Screening).
- Inclusion Health Tool for Primary Care Networks.
- GOV.UK, Guidance: Immunisation Information for migrants, 18 December 2019 (Immunisation leaflets for migrants who have moved to the UK available in multiple languages).
- GOV.UK, Migrant Health Guide, 26 March 2021.
Gypsies and Travellers
- Friends, Families and Travellers, How to Tackle Health Inequalities in Gypsy, Roma and Traveller Communities: A Guide for Health and Care Services, 17 November 2020.
- Services Directory | Friends, Families and Travellers (gypsy-traveller.org).
- GOV.UK, New guidance on improving access to NHS screening programmes for people with learning disabilities, 14 June 2021.
- GOV.UK, Population screening: reducing inequalities for people with a learning disability, autism or both, 14 June 2021.
- GOV.UK, NHS population screening: improving access for people in secure and detained settings, 19 March 2021.
People with Severe Mental Illness
- GOV.UK, NHS population screening: improving access for people with severe mental illness, 15 March 2019.