Seven innovations have been selected as ‘Rapid Uptake Products’ by the Accelerated Access Collaborative. These proven products are recommended by NICE, deliver clinical benefits, are cost effective and adoption is lower than expected. The Pathway Transformation Fund (PTF) is available to help NHS organisations use them more easily and quickly.
The rapid uptake products are:
- Urolift is a minimally invasive procedure for treating lower urinary tract symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- Placental growth factor (PIGF) based tests help predict the risk of pre-eclampsia quickly so that pregnant women receive the most appropriate care.
- High sensitivity troponin tests when used in an early rule out protocol for people with chest pain and suspected acute coronary syndrome.
- HeartFlow analysis creates a 3D model of the coronary arteries to help clinicians to rapidly diagnose patients with suspected coronary artery disease from coronary CT angiography.
- PCSK9 inhibitors for treatment of very high cholesterol are used together with a statin-type cholesterol-lowering medicine, or in those who are unable to take or tolerate a statin.
- Quantitative faecal immunochemical tests (FIT) support patient risk assessment in suspected colorectal cancer.
- Cladribine is an oral treatment given as two treatment courses, one year apart, for treating highly active relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in adults.