Here you will find valuable information and downloads for Liaison and Diversion (L&D) services to use. Please contact us if you have any queries.
The L&D Service Specification
Here you will find the latest Service Specification for L&D (2019) services to adhere to.
Liaison and Diversion workforce career and competence framework
This Liaison and Diversion workforce career and competence framework is designed support the development and growth of the workforce in this area and to allow health care, social care and support staff to assess their own skills and competences. It provides a career structure for staff working within Liaison and Diversion services and outlines the skills and competencies required, as well as how such roles can provide a rewarding and enriching career.
The role of, and career opportunities for, peer support workers also feature within the framework. The intention is for services to use this framework in both the design and development of their services and workforce configuration.
Liaison and Diversion Managerial and Practitioner Resources:
This series of resources includes six practical guides to key elements of L&D provision. They provide guidance to help service managers and practitioners understand how to develop effective L&D services in their local area. The guides are designed for quick reference, and include case studies, checklists and links to more information. They cover the following topics:
- Developing an all-age response to meet the age-specific needs of service users
- Multi-disciplinary teams
- Designing an effective and efficient case identification, screening and assessment process
- Provision for people with a known or suspected learning disability
- Developing referral pathways for key vulnerabilities
- Police and courts – the justice pathway for young people and adults, key legislation and stakeholders at each point of intervention, including the voluntary attendance process
- Court Report Template
- There are several examples of Easy Read L&D materials available, including letters, promotional material, consent forms, etc
The RAND evaluation
RAND are conducting the evaluation of L&D services. You can read more about the RAND work and see their recent report.