NHS England publishes interim commissioning policies as part of its role as a direct commissioner for some non-specialised services.
Overarching contract for integrated custodial health care services
- NHS England Custodial Health Services Overarching Contract 2013/14
- NHS England Custodial Health Services Overarching Contract 2013/14 – Guidance
Offender health care IT services
- Offender health care IT Operating Model
- Offender health care IT factsheet
- Offender health care IT frequently asked questions
Securing excellence in commissioning for offender health
- Securing Excellence in Commissioning for Offender Health
- Securing Excellence in Commissioning for Offender Health: Key Facts
- Securing Excellence in Commissioning for Offender Health: FAQs
This agreement sets out the shared strategic intent and joint commitment for the three respective organisations to work together for the purposes of commissioning and delivering healthcare services across the Children and Young People’s Secure Estate (CYPSE) in England.
Securing excellence in commissioning sexual assault services
- Securing Excellence in commissioning sexual assault services for people who experience sexual violence
Health and Justice Commissioning Intentions 2016/17
NHS England’s Health and Justice commissioning intentions for 2016/17 outline the strategic intentions through which we plan to improve the way we commission, review and transform Health and Justice services. These commissioning intentions respond to the Five Year Forward View and build on the progress already made to deliver sustainably consistent care standards across the country.
- Equal Access, Equal Care: Guidance for Prison Healthcare Staff treating Patients with Learning Disabilities (2015)
- Guidance for the Handling of Tramadol in Health and Justice Residential Sites
Health Needs Assessment of Detainees in Metropolitan Police Custody (September 2015)
This forward and report provides an overview of the findings of a Health Needs Assessment undertaken for NHS England and the Metropolitan Police Service to assess the health needs of detainees within police custody.