NHS England publishes interim commissioning policies as part of its role as a direct commissioner for some non-specialised services.
Overarching contract for integrated custodial health care services
- NHS England Custodial Health Services Overarching Contract 2013/14
- NHS England Custodial Health Services Overarching Contract 2013/14 – Guidance
Offender health care IT services
- Offender health care IT Operating Model
- Offender health care IT factsheet
- Offender health care IT frequently asked questions
Securing excellence in commissioning for offender health
- Securing Excellence in Commissioning for Offender Health
- Securing Excellence in Commissioning for Offender Health: Key Facts
- Securing Excellence in Commissioning for Offender Health: FAQs
This agreement sets out the shared strategic intent and joint commitment for the three respective organisations to work together for the purposes of commissioning and delivering healthcare services across the Children and Young People’s Secure Estate (CYPSE) in England.
Securing excellence in commissioning sexual assault services
- Securing Excellence in commissioning sexual assault services for people who experience sexual violence
Health and Justice Commissioning Intentions 2017/18
NHS England’s Health and Justice commissioning intentions for 2017/18 outline the priorities for the commissioning of services in secure and detained settings in England. They also set out those priorities for liaison and diversion services, sexual assault referral centres and major national programmes (such as, smoke free prisons, the Health and Justice Information System, children and young people (CYP) mental health transformation work stream and substance misuse services).
The intentions are intended to support commissioners, providers and the management of the secure and detained estate, to make preparations for health care services in 2017/2018 and have been developed to support NHS England’s overarching strategy, the Health and Justice Strategic Direction: 2016-2020.
- Equal Access, Equal Care: Guidance for Prison Healthcare Staff treating Patients with Learning Disabilities (2015)
- Guidance for the Handling of Tramadol in Health and Justice Residential Sites
Health Needs Assessment of Detainees in Metropolitan Police Custody (September 2015)
This forward and report provides an overview of the findings of a Health Needs Assessment undertaken for NHS England and the Metropolitan Police Service to assess the health needs of detainees within police custody.
Health and Justice framework
The framework for patient and public participation in Health and Justice framework describes how NHS England involves patients and the public in the commissioning of these services.