The General Practice Forward View (GP Forward View) commits to a major programme of improvement support to practices.
Support to strengthen and redesign general practice, including delivering extended access in primary care by:
- The GP Forward View also identifies support for personalised care and support planning via self care and social prescribing as two of the 10 High Impact Actions which will release capacity within general practice. We believe that everyone with long-term conditions should be offered a personalised care plan and recommend a set of principles to help ensure that the process is truly person-centred.
- Commissioning and funding of services to provide extra capacity across England
- Integrating extended access with out-of-hours and urgent care services, including 111 and local clinical hubs.
- Introducing a new voluntary Multispeciality Community Provider contract to integrate general practice services, community services and wider healthcare services.
- A new national General Practice Development Programme aimed as responding to opportunities and challenges identified within the GP Forward View and building capacity for improvement.