The GP contract hub page provides information, guidance and links to further resources to support the implementation of changes to the 2022/23 GP Contract that will apply in England.
Changes to the GP Contract in 2023/24
Standard contract documentation
- Standard general medical services contract – November 2022
- General medical services variation notice – November 2022
- Personal medical services agreement – November 2022
- Personal medical services variation notice – November 2022
- Alternative provider medical services contract – November 2022
- Alternative provider medical services variation notice – November 2022
- Standard personal medical services agreement variation notice – July 2022
- Standard alternative provider medical services contract variation notice – July 2022
- Standard general medical services contract variation notice – July 2022
General Practice pay transparency guidance
The General Practice pay transparency guidance provides information on the individuals required to self-declare their NHS earnings and the details of the NHS earnings thresholds for the financial years 2021/22-2023/24 above which a self-declaration must be made. The guidance also sets out:
- the information to be declared
- the definition of NHS earnings for the purpose of general practice pay transparency
- when the pay transparency self-declaration must be made
- how individuals make the pay transparency self-declaration
- how the information collected via the self-declaration will be used.
Statement of financial entitlements and directed enhanced services directions
Legislation underpinning the GP Contract
A number of legal documents, published by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), formally underpin the GP contract.
The Statement of Financial Entitlements (SFE) sets out payment conditions for General Medical Services (GMS) contractors, which may also be replicated for local Primary Medical Services (PMS) and Alternative Provider Medical Services (APMS) contractors. The SFE (Amendment) (No.5) Directions 2022 sets out updated terms from 27 October 2022.
The Primary Medical Services (Directed Enhanced Services) (No 2) Directions 2022 sets out the requirements for GMS and PMS contractors choosing to provide Directed Enhanced Services, including the Primary Care Network DES, from 29 September 2022.
The GMS Regulations, PMS Regulations and Alternative Provider Medical Services (APMS) Directions 2022 set out the most recent contractual amendments for GMS, PMS and APMS contractors.
Seasonal influenza service specification, collaboration agreement and additional flu guidance
This page contains information on the 2022 to 2023 seasonal influenza service specifications and collaboration agreement.
Letter: General practice contract arrangements in 2022/23
This letter sets out the GP contract arrangements for 2022/23 including changes to the core GP Contract and the Network Contract DES. The letter also describes the arrangements for the Quality and Outcomes Framework (QOF) in 2022/23 along with minor changes to Vaccinations and Immunisations.
Letter: Supporting general practice, primary care networks and their teams through winter and beyond
This letter sets out the actions NHS England has taken to boost capacity ahead of winter, including changes to the GP contract from October 2022 to provide support for primary care networks
GP Contract 2022/23 financial information
The 2022/23 GP contract financial information page includes:
- a letter and appendix setting out the financial implications of the 2022/23 contractual changes for commissioners
- a practice and PCN income ready reckoner
- guidance on implementing the GP contract changes for Personal Medical Services (PMS) and Alternative Provider Medical Services (APMS) contracts.
Network contract directed enhanced service (DES)
This page contains all the information for the 2022/23 Network Contract Directed Enhanced Service (DES). This includes a cover note which sets out the 2022/23 changes, the Network Contract DES contract specification, supplementary guidance (including on the Investment and Impact Fund-IIF) and frequently asked questions.
Quality and outcomes framework (QOF) changes for 2022/23 and QOF guidance
This page contains information on the Quality Outcomes Framework (QOF) changes for 2022/23 and includes the latest version of the QOF guidance.
Weight management enhanced service 2022/23
This page contains the service specification for the 2022/23 Weight Management Enhanced Service.