A successful health and social care worker flu vaccination programme is driven from the top. Boards and other governing bodies need to commit to and be seen to be committed to vaccinating the organisation’s frontline workers.
Senior management should consider:
- Commitment to achieving 100% ambition and for opt-outs to be recorded
- Ordering and providing the recommended flu vaccines for healthcare workers
- Evaluation of the programme from the year before, including data, successes, challenges and lessons learnt
- Appointing a board champion for the flu vaccination programme
- Agreement on how data on uptake and opt-out will be collected and reported
- All board and senior management members having the flu vaccination and for this to be publicised to staff.