The Responsible Officer’s decisions regarding recommendation are dependent on the quality of the appraisers. An effective organisational appraisal policy and recognition of the medical appraiser as an important professional role are the cornerstones of the appraisal system. Quality assurance of the medical appraisers is essential.
In this section you will find a range of guidance documents relating to medical appraisal including:
- GMC Good Medical Practice framework for appraisal and revalidation
- GMC guidance on supporting information
- Medical Appraisal Guide (MAG)
- Medical Appraisal Guide (MAG) Model Appraisal Form
- Quality Assurance of Medical Appraisers (QAMA)
- Quality Assurance of Medical Appraisers (QAMA) Appendices
- Training Specification for Medical Appraisers in England (April 2012)
- Medical Appraisal policy
- Information relating to patient and colleague feedback can be found here. Mechanisms relating to patient and colleague feedback can be found on the GMC website.