Medical appraisal is a process of facilitated self-review supported by information gathered from the full scope of a doctor’s work.
The role of medical appraisers is crucial in ensuring the quality and consistency of appraisal for doctors.
This section gives an overview of the medical appraisal process and includes information and resources to help medical appraisers carry out their roles effectively and consistently.
- What is medical appraisal
- Medical appraisal policy
- Medical appraisal guide
- The medical appraiser role
- Appraiser training and support
- Quality Assurance of medical appraisal: guidance notes
- Appraisal Networks Blueprint
- MAG model appraisal form
- Appraiser links
- Appraiser FAQs
- Appraiser providers
- Clinical appraisal skills video workshops
- Medical Appraisal Documentation Access Statement
- Appraisal Summary and PDP Audit Tool (ASPAT) Explanatory Notes
- Feedback from GPs about their medical appraisal