The nomination process has been designed to make it as easy as possible for individuals and organisations to make nominations and to encourage their local MPs to submit them on their behalf.
MPs will be encouraged to reach out to their local health and care organisations, as well as members of the public, to seek nominations. However, we strongly recommend that health and care organisations take a proactive approach to encourage their MPs to put them forward.
There are ten categories in which you can put forward nominations – and you can do so in as many as you like. Each category will have three specific questions to guide the nominator, and a 300-word limit for each.
In all but the Lifetime Achievement Award and NHS Rising Star, the questions to be answered on the nomination form are:
- What has been done? – detail the improvements made and why.
- Who benefitted? – detail how many patients/communities and/or staff has this had a positive impact on, including particular groups where applicable, and to what extent.
- What happens next? – detail how this improvement can be sustained and/or developed further or shared with others locally, regionally or nationally to benefit more patients and/or staff.
Questions to be answered when nominating for the Lifetime Achievement Award and the NHS Rising Star Award are:
- Outline this person’s career/relationship with, or supporting, the NHS.
- How have they made the NHS better for patients?
- How have they made the NHS better for past, present and future staff?
Submit your nomination
Please submit your nomination to your local MP using the template form below so that your MP or their staff have all the necessary information to hand, and can easily copy it into the official nomination form which will be on a web portal.
- NHS Parliamentary Awards 2023 – nomination form
- NHS Parliamentary Awards 2023 – nomination form (Lifetime Achievement Award and NHS Rising Star Award only)
A template email or letter to send to your MP(s) covering your nomination(s) can also be downloaded here:
Download the information pack to support any individual, team or organisation who wishes to submit a nomination for the NHS Parliamentary Awards.