About NHS Impact
NHS Impact ‘improving patient care together’ is the term we are using for the new single, shared NHS improvement approach. This includes the five components which form the ‘DNA’ of all evidence-based improvement methods, which underpin a systematic approach to continuous improvement:
- Building a shared purpose and vision
- Investing in people and culture
- Developing leadership behaviours
- Building improvement capability and capacity
- Embedding improvement into management systems and processes
When these 5 components are consistently used, systems and organisations create the right conditions for continuous improvement and high performance, responding to today’s challenges, and delivering better care for patients and better outcomes for communities.