From April 2014 the Staff FFT was introduced to allow staff feedback on NHS Services based on recent experience. Staff are asked to respond to two questions. The ‘Care’ question asks how likely staff are to recommend the NHS services they work in to friends and family who need similar treatment or care. The ‘Work’ question asks how likely staff would be to recommend the NHS service they work in to friends and family as a place to work. Staff FFT is conducted on a quarterly basis (excluding Quarter 3 when the existing NHS Staff Survey takes place). For further guidance see the Staff Family and Friends pages.
Following a review undertaken by NHS England the Lead Official for Statistics has concluded that the characteristics of the Friends and Family Test (FFT) data mean it should not be classed as Official Statistics. All Staff FFT data can now be viewed below, and all patient FFT data and dates relating to future FFT releases can be found on the FFT data pages.
Future release dates for Staff FFT are:
- 01 June 2017 for Quarter 4 2016-17 data
- 24 August 2017 for Quarter 1 2017-18 data
- 23 November 2017 for Quarter 2 2017-18 data
- 24 May 2018 for Quarter 4 2017-18 data
- FFT Staff – Quarter 2 2016-17
- View the infographic for this data
- FFT Staff Collection Overview – Quarter 2 2016-17
2016 – 17
2015 – 16
2014 – 15