Cervical Sample Taker Database Online
The South West Cervical Sample Taker Database can be accessed at South West CSTD online (please note that you need to be on an N3 connection to access this site).
For all technical support in accessing this site – user name/ password/ registering new sample takers /updating training records please contact email@example.com
Clinical Practice Guidance for assessment of women aged 20 – 24 with abnormal vaginal bleeding
This guidance provides information on how to assess young women with abnormal vaginal bleeding, in a clinical or primary care setting.
NICE Guideline NG23 – Menopause diagnosis and management
This guideline covers the diagnosis and management of menopause, including in women who have premature ovarian insufficiency. The guideline aims to improve the consistency of support and information provided to women in menopause.
NHS England South West – Mental Capacity Act/Reasonable Adjustments/Learning Disability Guidance:
Women with a learning disability must be supported wherever possible to participate in the NHS Cervical Screening Programme. Links to information to support this and best practice in making reasonable adjustments is available:
- Guidance – supporting women with learning disabilities to access cervical screening
- Reasonable adjustments for people with a learning disability
- An Easy Guide to Cervical Screening
- The Smear Test Film
- Cervical Screening Administration Service – MCA Ceasing Request – online form
Cervical Screening Programme overview
The Cervical Screening Programme overview provides a description of the NHS cervical screening programme, including evidence on screening for cancer and HPV for women over 25.
NHS Digital – Cervical Screening Programme – Coverage Statistics
Published quarterly, NHS Digital cervical screening coverage provides access to data at GP Practice, CCG and Local Authority level.
Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust – information for health care professionals
Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust provides information, best practice guidelines and relevant links for you and your patients on all aspects of cervical cancer and its prevention.
HPV Primary Screening
Where not already implemented, the NHS Cervical Screening Programme will move to HPV Primary Screening from December 2019.
Pathways for screening and follow up are available:
More information about HPV Primary Screening and HPV Immunisation
- HPV Primary Screening Leaflet
- Jo’s Trust – HPV Information
- Guidance for health professionals – HPV Universal Vaccination
- NHS England South West Patient Group Directives
For more information please contact the South West Screening and Immunisation Team firstname.lastname@example.org
- UK, Cervical screening: an easy guide, 1 January 2013.
- UK, Cervical screening: leaflet for women considering screening, 13 March 2012. (Available in multiple languages).
- UK, Health matters: making cervical screening more accessible, 30 August 2017.
- UK, Supporting women with learning difficulties to access cervical screening, 2 October 2017.
- Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust, ‘Cervical screening in the spotlight; An audit of activities undertaken by local authorities and clinical commissioning groups to increase cervical screening coverage in England’ (Jan 2017).
- Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust, ‘Cervical screening in the spotlight: One year on; A second audit of activities undertaken by local authorities and clinical commissioning groups to increase cervical screening coverage in England’ (Jan 2018).
- NHS Public Health Functions Agreement 2019-20, Service Specification no.25, NHS Cervical Screening Programme, July 2019. (Refer to Schedules 1.29, 3.34 for inequalities).