News and views
The NHS Workforce Race Equality Standard – the defined metrics
View all the latest NHS Workforce Race Equality Standard news and views.
- Saffron Cordery (NHS Providers) argues that the publication of a new workforce race equality standard has renewed the need for boards to take a firm grasp of diversity and to lead from the top
- Dame Gill Morgan and Chris Hopson from the Foundation Trust Network have produced a statement on improving race equality as part of their wider commitment to Equality and Diversity in the NHS.
- Article from Health Services Journal about NHS England drive for equality in senior posts (HSJ registration required).
- The challenge and the evidence.
- Tackling the UK’s ‘diversity deficit’ in the boardroom.
- Our research on diversity has uncovered a significant relationship between a more diverse leadership and better financial performance. More diverse companies—those with a greater share of women and a mixed ethnic/racial composition in their leadership—are better able to win top talent and improve their customer orientation, employee satisfaction, and decision making.
- A groundbreaking study of the top 10,000 executives in Britain’s most important firms reveals a deep “diversity deficit” that could put UK companies at a serious disadvantage in both domestic and global markets.
- Jane Cummings NHS England CNO spells out why “Diversity is a fundamental part of NHS England’s vision”.
- Stacy Johnson on Change at the top is yet to peak.
- NHS England CEO Simon Stevens criticised the lack of diversity in NHS management in his first speech at the Kings Fund.
- Health Service Journal reported on the Standard in August.
- Yvonne Coghill head of Inclusion at the Leadership Academy explained her support for the proposal.
- Jane Cummings, chief nursing officers set out her support for the Standard in her blog.
- The Leadership Academy Ready Now programme opens for applications on 21 October.
- An NHS Leadership Conference during Black History month included two high profile speakers who writing have helped focus attention on the treatment of black and minority ethnic staff including within healthcare.
- Dr. David R. Williams, Racism and Health: Findings, Questions and Directions is from Harvard University and is an acknowledged world authority
- Professor Mala Rao’s report on Exp0laining levels of well being in BME populations in England is an excellent summary of important data
- Joan Saddler emphasised the importance of taking decisive action
- Roger Kline did so too