NHS England is currently supporting seven digitally advanced mental trusts, through funding and international partnership opportunities, to become Global Digital Exemplars over the next three and a half years.
These trusts are:
- Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Northumberland Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
- Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust
- South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
- Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust
How were trusts selected
Trusts who met the following criteria were invited to submit expressions of interest:
- A Care Quality Commission score of Excellent or Good
- NHS Improvement confirmation that the organisations are well placed to deliver the ambitions of the programme
- High Digital Maturity Assessment scores
- Evidence of leading innovative health and care initiatives enabled by digital technology
Expressions of interests were assessed by a multidisciplinary international panel chaired by Professor Keith McNeil, Chief Clinical Information Officer for the NHS, and Professor Tim Kendall, National Clinical Director for Mental Health, NHS England.