All publications relating to end of life care are published on the Ambitions for palliative and end of life care website. Below we have highlighted publications that NHS England has produced and co-produced, and are all available to download and print locally.
- Dying Well in Custody Charter (2018) – Ambitions for Palliative and End of Life Care Partnership
- Hospice UK Carers Report (2018) – Hospice UK
- Delivering high quality end of life care for people who have a learning disability (2017) – NHS England in association with the Palliative Care for People with Learning Disabilities (PCPLD) Network
- Let’s talk about death and dying (2017) – book and film from Age UK and the Malnutrition Taskforce
- End of life care commitment (2016) – Department of Health and Social Care
- Commissioning person centred end of life care: A toolkit for health (2016) – NHS England
- Transforming end of life care in acute hospitals: The route to success ‘how to’ guide (2015) – NHS England
- Ambitions for Palliative and End of Life Care (2015) – National Palliative and End of Life Care Partnership
- End of Life and Palliative Care in England: Getting it right – Laura Tooley, NHS England, May 2015
- Living well to the very end – Bev Fitzsimons, Point of Care Foundation, May 2018
- Who cares in the South Hams – Jo Shill, Northern, Eastern and Western (NEW) Devon CCG, May 2018
- Getting challenging conversations right – Professor Bee Wee, NHS England, May 2018
- Rising tide on personalised care – Simon Chapman, NHS England, May 2018
Webinars hosted by subject experts, aimed at anyone working in palliative and end of life care. Details published via @Pers_Care Twitter account.
Listen to past webinars
Slide decks are available upon request from email@example.com
- Results through Relationships – Dorset ICS were identified by NHS England as an End of Life Care test site, the aim being to incentivise progress to improve personalised care for people approaching the end of their life. In this webinar Saskie Dorman and Andy Brogan share their journey of discovery, exploration, co-design and evaluation.
- End of Life Care and Learning from Deaths – This webinar provides an overview of the National guidance, it also details how the NMCCR has supported the use of the Structured Judgement Review (SJR) methodology across the country.
- Care committed to me – This webinar follows the Hospice UK inequalities project which resulted in the publication of Care Committed to me. It looks at how to deliver high quality, personalised palliative end of life care to Gypsies and Travellers, LGBT people and people experiencing homelessness.
- Personalisation and choice (inc. PHBs in end of life care)
- Improving End of Life Care (information from this webinar is available upon request)
- Patient choices (what matters to me)
- Community developments
- Improving care in hospital
- Role of care homes in end of life care
- Reducing Inequality in end of life care for people who are homeless Education and training
- Electronic data sharing in EoLC
- Community-based initiatives
- EoLC tools
- Emergency Care Improvement Programme
- Homeward bound (no audio, slides available on request)
- PEoLC for children and young people
- Hospital quality improvement issues in end of life care
- Health inequalities in end of life care