The NHS England and NHS Improvement retention team has put together the below information to support staff retention of people in either early or late stage career. These links are intended to help support managers in retaining staff. We will continue to add further resources to this page.
Flexible working information and guidance:
Please find links below information and guidance around flexible working support and best practice
- Improving retention at all stages of nurses’ careers
- Supporting staff to work for longer
- Creating a sustainable career pathway
- Reducing healthcare support worker vacancies
- How to embed flexible working for nurses
- Flex Retirement for Nurses guide
Menopause support information and guidance:
Please see links below for guidance, information around menopause support
- NHS Employers has a range of great case studies that cover menopause and the workplace. You can see what improvements can be made to the workplace environment and what other trusts are doing to support
- More information on Good practice for Wellbeing conversations, what they are and how to approach them
- You can find helpful guides on the CIPD website that provide support as line managers or a HR professional. You can also download resources to help you break the stigma within your team/organisation, such as Let’s Talk Menopause: Facts.
- Also on the CIPD website, you will be able to find a really helpful podcast called The ultimate taboo
- You can also find some advice on Menopause and the Workplace on Faculty of Occupational Medicine
Pensions information and guidance
Please have a look at the NHS Pensions Schemes overview. This is a statement that has been prepared by NHS BSA and it represents our interpretation of the 2015 NHS Pension Scheme and should not be treated as a complete, authoritative statement.