In this section we present the key information that a responsible officer will need to manage effective processes within their designated body. Explore the Responsible Officer sub menu for more information. If you have any questions, suggestions or comments, please contact us.
Guidance and tools
- Medical Appraisal Guide (version 4, March 2013)
- MAG Model Appraisal Form (version 3, March 2012)
- Supporting Doctors to Provide Safer Healthcare: Responding to Concerns about a Doctor’s Practice (version 2, 2013)
- Information Management for Revalidation in England (version 4, January 2014)
- Quality Assurance of Medical Appraisers (version 5, January 2014)
- Training Specification for Medical Appraisers in England (April 2012)
- Sample Agreement for External Responsible Officer Services (May 2012)
Medical Appraisal Policy
Regulations and guidance
- The Medical Profession (Responsible Officers) (Amendment) Regulations 2013
- The Medical Profession (Responsible Officer) Regulations 2010
- Closing the Gap in Medical Regulation: Responsible Officer Guidance (Department of Health, 2010). Please note that the guidance is being amended to reflect the 2013 amendments to the Responsible Officer Regulations. The Department of Health are ratifying the current draft with colleagues across the Devolved Administrations.