NHS England and NHS Improvement have developed in partnership with the Queen’s Nursing Institute (QNI) five key digital grab guides. This is in recognition of the pressures and challenges that can continue to build in the system during the winter months.
The guides include a checklist to help health and social care colleagues to take prompt practical actions and use every opportunity to prevent delayed transfers of care. Through using these guides, health and social care staff can address the evidence that staying in hospital for longer than required drives adverse outcomes for patients.
Whether nursing and care staff work in NHS providers, commissioners or social care, we all have a part to play in reduction in lengths of stay across the inpatient setting and these guides help focus the attention on actions that are aligned to optimal discharge pathways.
The guides can be accessed here:
- Act now – maximise your leadership this winter;
- Act now – plan for discharge early;
- Act now – getting people Home First;
- Act now – new technology to find care home availability;
- Act now – look after yourself, look after others: flu immunisation.
For more information, please contact: ENGLAND.firstname.lastname@example.org