The NHS Long Term Plan responds to changes in society and health needs. Nursing, midwifery and care staff have a pivotal role to play in its delivery.
Strengthening and supporting leadership at all levels is a key area of focus set out in the Long Term Plan to support staff to do their jobs effectively.
Nursing, midwifery and care staff leadership provides a strong vehicle to ensure that staff can create and deliver the changes that are needed on the ground.
The Atlas of Shared Learning is a collection of case studies that demonstrates the key contribution that nursing, midwifery and care staff are already making to delivering the Long Term Plan and the transformation of health and care.
These case studies provide quantifiable evidence of how the professions are leading change, identifying and addressing unwarranted variation in practice and improving outcomes, experience and use of resources.
Complementary to the Atlas of Shared Learning is ‘A Research Portfolio – transformational change by nursing, midwifery and care staff across health and care’. The research studies showcased within the portfolio offer a cross sectional overview of studies that demonstrate practice and research leadership and impact at diverse research expertise levels, rather than being representative of all nursing, midwifery and care staff research.
Find out more about nursing, midwifery and care staff leadership:
- Act now home first
- CNO Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) Leadership
- General Practice Nursing
- Mental health – email@example.com
- Learning disabilities – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Continuing Healthcare – email@example.com
- Safeguarding – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maternity Transformation – email@example.com
- Children and young people
- Involving people in their own care
- Nursing Associate
- Kate Granger Awards for Compassionate Care