Resources to support delivery of the long term conditions programme:
- Our Declaration sets out the importance of person centred care for people with long term conditions, what needs to change and why we need to change. It was developed for and with input from health and care professionals, policy makers and people with long term conditions.
- House of Care: The House of Care is a framework model that provides a holistic approach to long term conditions.
- LTC Dashboard: Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) Outcomes tool and explorer is an interactive tool for commissioners and clinicians based on the 44 sustainability and transformation areas with the ability to drill into CCG and local authority areas to support intelligence-led decision-making and benchmarking for long term conditions across five areas; risk factors, prevalence, quality of care, quality of life and economic activity.
- Atlas of Variation which includes insights into how CCGs compare nationally and with areas that have a similar demographic.
- Commissioning for Value packs providing practical support for clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) and local health economies, in gathering data, evidence and tools to help them improve the way care is delivered for their patients and populations,.
- The Long Term Conditions Year of Care Commissioning Programme Implementation Handbook is the main output of the Year of Care Commissioning Programme. It describes the experiences of five care economies working as part of the programme as they work towards developing capitated budgets for some patients and services.
- NICE draft clinical guideline on multi-morbidity: Assessment, prioritisation and management of care for people with commonly occurring multi-morbidities. Evidence based recommendations for people with multi-morbidity, a tailored approach to care and frailty.
- A collaboration including SIMUL8, Datalytics, a small group of CCGs, and NHS England has developed a tool to help organisations understand the financial and/or activity implications for new models of care for people with long-term conditions across different cohorts of patients and settings.
- Supported by NHS England and the Coalition for Collaborative Care, a group led by Plymouth University have developed a guide to commissioners on how to use metrics, measures and insights to commission person centred care.
- The recovery, rehabilitation and reablement (RRR) simulation model, developed by Simul8 Healthcare, aims to improve the quality of care and outcomes for patients by delivering a seamless RRR service for acute admitted patients, based on their entire needs and not just their diagnosis.
- Co-production case study: A co-production approach to care and support planning.
Handbooks provide practical support for clinicians and commissioners about how to implement good person centred long term condition care. They include:
- Case finding and risk stratification – identifying cohorts of people with long term conditions who are most vulnerable and/or will benefit most from tailored care and support. Next Steps for Risk Stratification in the NHS – aimed at stakeholders, discussing next steps for risk stratification within the NHS.
- Personalised care and support planning – enabling commissioners and health care practitioners to deliver personalised care. The updated handbooks have been jointly developed with the Coalition for Collaborative Care.
- Multi-disciplinary team (MDT) working – supporting health and care professionals to work across professional and organisational boundaries.
- Making it happen: practical handbooks for clinicians and commissioners
- Musculoskeletal Knowledge Network.
- The National Back pain pathway
- Specialised Services Trauma Programme of care
- Neurological Alliance
- Association of British Neurologists
- Neurology Intelligence Network
- RightCare Commissioning for Value
- Specialised Services Trauma Programme of Care-Neurosciences