The South West Local Dental Network (LDN) is hosted and supported by NHS England South (South West). The LDN enables dental stakeholders to share ideas and feed back to the regional and national teams. This is a great opportunity to influence delivery of NHS dental services across the whole dental pathway including primary care, hospital and community care, in and out of hours.
- A small clinically-led Steering Group at the core
- Engagement with the developing Managed Clinical Networks across the South West including the Orthodontic MCN, Restorative MCN, Special Care/Paediatric MCN, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery MCN and an urgent and unscheduled dental care group.
- Engagement with the wider community of practitioners, practice owners and others involved in providing services, as well as patients and stakeholders.
The aims of the Dental LPN are to provide a vehicle for clinically led and clinically owned delivery of:
- Quality improvements
- Best outcomes for patients that reflect local need
- Best use of NHS resources
- Planning and delivering integrated care pathways
- Strategies for service planning and health improvements
- Leadership and engagement
- Workforce planning and development
The structure of the South West LDN is based on a three layer model: a core group of commissioners, MCN Chair, PHE, HEE and localities, a larger group which includes MCN and LDC members and an outer supportive network of stakeholders and partners:
Managed Clinical Networks
The Dental LPN is supported by a number of Managed Clinical Networks (MCNs) that feed into the main LPN meetings. You can find out more about these on our Managed Clinical Networks page.