Feedback from the evidence summits was that leadership for carers at all levels is essential as it enables a shift in thinking, organisational cultural change and accountability in the way carers services are commissioned and increases the identification and support for carers (see NHS IQ e-book). The carers’ agenda has to be linked to the organisations vision as core business. Successful system transformation involves engaging all local partners and stakeholders in “the case for change” including a shared sense of local challenges and intended solutions (Better Care Fund Planning).
Using the above image as a scale where red is lowest and green is highest. How would you rate the below questions.
- How assured are you that there is leadership for carers at all levels in your organisation?
- How assured are you that there is leadership for carers at all levels for all services you commission?
- How assured are you that the services you commission considers factors such as access or quality for carers?
- How assured are you about leadership support to improve carers experience of NHS services and access to support?
- Does your leadership support carer specific services?
- Do you have carer representation at board level and in what capacity? If not, could this opportunity be created or expanded?
- Do you have leadership support to commission carer specific training?