A key theme which emerged from the regional evidence summit events was the provision of education and training for staff, which was thought to provide the following when implemented;
- Recognition & identification of carers
- GPs & all healthcare professionals increased awareness of carers issues
- Carers awareness of their role as experts
- Improved referral/signposting to appropriate services
- Recognition for the establishment of a single point of contact/access.
Using the above image as a scale where red is lowest and green is highest. How would you rate the below questions.
- What assurance do you have that staff have training and are continually updated with regards to the role of carers?
- How assured are you that training and awareness around carers’ issues is embedded in all services you commission?
- How do you rate your current education and training for health and care professionals in relation to carers?
- Do you know if your local education and training board are including carer awareness training in their programmes?
- How have you included carers in your staff training?
- How have you ensured that training around carer awareness is embedded as part of an assurance framework